Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
This is a senior position in the Tire Mechanics group to concentrate on NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness) or fundamental tire mechanics. The engineer is expected to independently propose and lead projects to understand cause and effect of tire performances and develop necessary measurement / prediction methods. Technology developments to maintain our products as best in class and creating intellectual property for the company are also expected. The engineer must be capable of interacting with OEMs to understand the technical expectations of our products and their effect on vehicle performance.
* Develop tire technologies to meet or exceed performance targets
* Lead teams to support the AD and NPD technology needs
* Develop fundamental "cause and effect" understanding of tire mechanics and performance
* Develop IP by writing disclosures
* Collaborate with engineers from other poles and represent ATC in technical meetings
* Represent BSA interests with OEM customers and other vendors
* Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering with 5 years or M.S. with 8 years relevant industry experience
* Demonstrated experience in NVH or Mechanics areas related to automotive or tire applications (Predictive and / or experimental)