Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world's largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers and end-users.
Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC (BSRO) and owns and operates more than 2,200 tire and automotive service centers across the United States -- including Firestone Complete Auto Care, Tires Plus, Hibdon Tires Plus and Wheel Works store locations. Credit First National Association and Firestone Complete Fleet Care operations are also part of BSRO. BSRO is a member of the Bridgestone Americas family of companies.
RATIONALE FOR POSITION:
The Communications Manager will manage and implement a strategic communications program for the company's retail store footprint and operations. This position is responsible for providing communications support for the business leadership and marketing teams under the direction of the Communication Leader for the Integrated Consumer Tire Division. The Manager will deliver all internal communications activities, media relations programming, social media support, content creation, KPI reporting, etc. Additionally, this position will craft internal and external communications materials to promote and advance other consumer-related businesses and initiatives, as needed and assigned.
· Assist in development of communications strategies that will broaden visibility and enhance the position of the business as `most trusted' neighborhood supplier
· Leverage Firestone brand assets to increase awareness of Firestone brand and business programming
· Implement a targeted, 360-degree communications program that will generate awareness among media, key stakeholders and teammates for the Retail business
· Actively engage and develop relationships with members of the media, team representatives and other communications personnel
· Effectively use various engagement tools, including print and design elements, websites, social media, videos and emerging communications technologies
· Develop and monitor metrics to gauge the success of communications programming
· Write and distribute news releases, presentations, intranet postings and memos
· Manage crisis communication plans and assist in implementation if necessary
· Effectively manage agency resources to stay on time, on budget and deliver desired results
· Collaborate with other teammates on communications-related opportunities and strategies
Education: Minimum of bachelor's degree in a communications/public relations/marketing/branding field;
-- Work experience: 5-7 years of work experience in communications, public relations or marketing
--Qualifications: Proven ability to develop and implement effective communications plans; excellent writing, editing and project management skills; social media expertise; results-driven individual with an owner's mindset; expertise and understanding of how to pitch and develop relationships with traditional and new media; crisis communications experience and knowledge of motorsports preferred
--Travel: 25% domestic travel
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.