Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
Very senior mechanical engineer leading work efforts and/or projects with substantial risk,
business impact, and complex engineering challenges. Leads and mentors other engineers,
and dissseminates new engineering knowledge throughout the organization.
-Serve as a leading expert in their functional area of expertise, consulting across the organization and supporting functional area engineers in all BAMG facilities.
- Leads Rank A projects or programs that involve large expenditures, significant business risk, involve the integration of multiple engineering disciplines, and have significant long term implications for the business.
- Accountalbe to resolve persistent A Rank problems in all BAMG manufacturing facilities, typically managing the cross-discipline investigation, evaluation, and resolution.
- Propose new initiatives that will provide significant breakthrough benefits to the company.
- Lead the application of new technologies.
- Build significant professional networks to bring new technical knowledge into the organization and disseminate it throughout the Bridgestone technical community.
- Lead major, multiple projects from conception through completion.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years experience as an engineer
- Ability to freely move about a multi-level manufacturing facility, including climbing ship ladders and steep stairs
- Minimum of 10 years experience managing engineering projects involving multiple disciplines
- Minimum of 8 years managing multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including presentation skills
- Team oriented attitude, with the ability to professionally represent the department and the company
- Excellent business acumen
- Ability to travel an average of 50% of the time (travel may occur in stages of 100% weekly travel, but average approximately 50% on an annual basis)
- Ability to work in non-conditioned environment
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.