Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
The Corporate Auditor is responsible for Operational, Financial, and Compliance audits covering Bridgestone Americas business units and functional areas. This individual will utilize audit procedures to perform effective, independent and objective audits identifying risks, vulnerabilities, weaknesses, and recommend corrective and preventative actions. The position reports to the Internal Audit Manager.
The position will have direct responsibility for the following:
· Perform on-site financial operational audits of departments, divisions, subsidiaries, domestic and foreign manufacturing plants, foreign sales branches, affiliates, licensees and other company-owned or associated facilities.
· Verify accounting records are accurate and factual and that the company's best practices are safeguarded.
· Perform report writing that addresses key issues noted during the audit.
· Develop recommendations for cost reduction, profit generation and operational efficiency improvements.
· Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 5 years of practical work experience in public accounting or in the accounting/finance areas of business enterprise.
· Masters Degree preferred.
· CMA, CPA, or CIA certification.
· Strong English skills; bilingual in Spanish and/or Portuguese helpful, but not required.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Strong organizational and project management skills.
· Knowledge of accounting best practices.
· Strong computer skills.
· Sound independent judgment, prioritization, and decision-making skills
· 50% travel- international and domestic
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.