Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
The Senior Financial Analyst role is responsible for providing strategic analysis, reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and tracking/validation of metrics (finance and business) to drive business outcomes. Reporting to the IT Controller, this role will be a key business partner for the senior leaders in BSA IT, BSLA IT, and the EVEREST project.
• Work collaboratively to develop monthly reporting analysis for BSA IT and BSLA IT by tracking a wide variety of data and to provide thoughtful evidence-based insights which drive business decisions.
• Manage financials results and deliver presentations to leadership for the EVEREST project.
• Partner with the Senior Business leaders by providing recommendations based on trends, analysis, and opportunities identified while working with the businesses.
• Build collaborative relationships with key business stakeholders to generate sustainable business results by listening, responding effectively and supporting business led initiatives and generating constructive conflict (when necessary).
• Support and/or lead highly visible special projects for the executive team on an ad hoc basis.
• Play a critical role in the budgeting and forecasting cycles within the businesses.
• Perform detailed financial analysis with ability to summarize and present pertinent facts and recommendations.
• Assimilate, organize, and digest large amounts of data from a variety of systems and sources.
• Deliver well controlled financial results consistent with company standards (IFRS/GAAP, etc.)
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field from an accredited university
• Minimum 6-7+ years of finance/accounting and project management related experience
• Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel and Access skills required as well as the capability to build presentations for Executive level/C-Suite teams
• Thinks and challenges assumptions strategically, possesses advanced analytical capability to translate business strategy into action
• A solid track record of innovation and process improvementt
• Yellow/Green belt Quality level
• MBA or advanced degree such as CMA, CPA, etc
• Self-starter with intellectual curiosity and strong communication skills
• Works well on a team but can also manage work individually
• Collaborates and works effectively with others
• Technically proficient with knowledge of Cognos, BPC, SAP, and BI/BW a plus
• Understanding of Spanish and Portuguese
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.