Schedule: 12-Hour Rotating Shift
Benefits: Competitive wages & excellent benefits starting on day 1 of employment including health care, dental, and vision. Competitive 401(k) savings plan with match & defined contribution retirement plan, vacation and holiday pay after 30 days of service and tuition reimbursement after 6 months of service
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
Bridgestone's Passenger and Light Truck Tire (PSR/LTR) plant located in Graniteville, SC (Aiken County) is looking for Service Technicians (ST), our multi-craft maintenance technician. The PSR/LTR plant was constructed in 1998 and expanded in 2012. The PSR/LTR plant currently employs approximately 1,500 team members (approx. 100 ST's). This plant produces for the original equipment and replacement market and their current production is approximately 37,000 tires per day. Service Technicians must be extremely flexible to support a wide range of maintenance activities. When problems arise with our manufacturing equipment, the Service Technician on shift will troubleshoot and repair the system as quickly as possible to maximize production up-time. The Service Technician group will also perform periodic scheduled preventative maintenance and calibration on all manufacturing equipment.
* Maintain equipment for industrial production, industrial processing, pipeline distribution systems, conveyors.
* Experience with motors, pumps.
* Install machinery
* Make minor adjustments to equipment and machinery
* Take apart equipment to make repairs
* Replace worn and broken parts
* Perform preventive maintenance
* Inspect parts for damage
* Reassemble equipment
* Test and observe running machinery
* Use soldering irons, hoists and lifts, grinders, hand tools, power tools, welding equipment, testing equipment.
* Test fixed machinery
* Clean and lubricate parts
* Read and use blueprints, schematics, manuals, technical drawings, work orders, test results, machine error messages.
* Record all work activities
* Use database software.
* Comply with safety regulations
* Work with a maintenance team
Associates degree in Electronics, General Technology, Robotics or related field and at least 3 years of industrial maintenance experience
At least 5 years of industrial maintenance experience