Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
As a Commodity Manager Packaging this individual will be responsible for partnering with and supporting with internal Business Units (i.e. Firestone Building Products...Commercial Roofing), Functional Groups and associated Stakeholders while executing on Strategic Sourcing, Category Management and Supplier Relationship Management initiatives. Example categories may include, but not limited to the following HR Services (films, corrugate, cores, release liners, shrink wraps, labels, tapes & adhesives, pallets, etc.)
· Provide Procurement support ensuring Procurement representation and participation in all issues related to assigned Packaging category
· Support the co-development of Category, supplier and negotiation strategies, and work plans, in conjunction with stake holders and support execution to established timelines
· Support the identification, research and evaluation of Packaging providers that meet the organization's standards of quality, value, timing, service and reliability of supply
· Interact with suppliers and internal "customers" to identify , implement and realize optimal value and performance
· Support the execution and management of Procurement processes for designated Categories to reduce total cost of ownership for goods & services while ensuring uninterrupted supply
· Facilitate Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) efforts including strategic segmentation and supplier rationalization
· Ensure supplier qualification efforts including diversity initiatives
· Manage and enhance supplier performance through the establishment of KPI's/SLA's (contract content) and effective supplier and stake holder interaction
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor's degree required
· 5 years plus of Strategic Sourcing Procurement experience; specifically in Packaging (films, corrugate, cores, release liners, shrink wraps, labels, etc.)
· Ability to function from a stable state of independence, displaying ability to manage assignments without significant oversight
· Preferred certifications: CPM
· Ability to multitask and adapt priorities quickly
· Effective and advanced communication skills
· Advanced planning & analytical capability
· Advanced, complex problem solving; able to identify key issues and effectively coordinate efforts to achieve resolution
· Leadership & teamwork; able to build internal & external alliances with focus on “customer relations”
· Ability to read drawings and understand technical specifications
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.