Schedule: 12-Hour Rotating Shift
Benefits: Competitive wages & excellent benefits starting on day 1 of employment including health care, dental, and vision. Competitive 401(k) savings plan with match & defined contribution retirement plan, vacation and holiday pay after 30 days of service, tuition reimbursement after 6 months of service.
Training: Includes 7 accredited courses in programming, hydraulics, pneumatics, Arc flash, and confined space within the 1st year.
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
Bridgestone's Off Road Radial Tire (AOR) plant located in Trenton, SC (Aiken County) is looking for Service Technicians (ST), our multi-craft maintenance technician. The AOR plant was constructed in 2012 and currently employs approximately 500 team members (approx. 40 ST's). This plant produces large Off Road Radial Tires for high production mining and heavy construction equipment. AOR tires range from 9 ft -13 ft. tall and is home of the world's largest radial tire, which weighs 12,903 lbs. Service Technicians must be extremely flexible to support a wide range of maintenance activities. When problems arise with our manufacturing equipment, the Service Technician on shift will troubleshoot and repair the system as quickly as possible to maximize production up-time. The Service Technician group will also perform periodic scheduled preventative maintenance and calibration on all manufacturing equipment.
Aiken ORR Plant Teaser - https://youtu.be/5mlWadIzCyo
* Maintain equipment for industrial production, industrial processing, pipeline distribution systems, conveyors, cranes
* Experience with motors, pumps
* Install machinery
* Make minor adjustments to equipment and machinery
* Take apart equipment to make repairs
* Replace worn and broken parts
* Perform preventive maintenance
* Inspect parts for damage
* Reassemble equipment
* Test and observe running machinery
* Use soldering irons, hoists and lifts, grinders, hand tools, power tools, welding equipment, testing equipment.
* Test fixed machinery
* Clean and lubricate parts
* Read and use blueprints, schematics, manuals, technical drawings, work orders, test results, machine error messages
* Record all work activities
* Program Logic Control (PLC)
* Comply with safety regulations
* Work with a maintenance team
Associates degree in Electronics, General Technology, Robotics
At least 2 years of multi-craft maintenance experience