Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
This role provides support to our plants and staff departments as it pertains to the analysis and implementation of maintenance technologies, reliability aspects of design reviews, best practice knowledge base maintenance and sharing, maintenance metric management and control, predictive maintenance improvement, the management of corporate-controlled spare parts repair and rebuild, in-house manufactured spares, trouble investigations support, and other tasks commensurate to business needs. This role manages one Reliability Engineer in direct support of the Maintenance Fundamentals Team as well as 3-5 contractors providing for deployment and sustainment of the Bridgestone standardized computerized maintenance management system (a configured software solution providing management tools for emergent, preventative, planned, and predictive maintenance as well as cost-based reporting and analytics) across all Bridgestone Americas Tire Plants while ensuring scalability to additional enterprise locations.
- Provides input into the design for new or modified systems, processes, or technologies. May serve as technical lead, planning and organizing portions of or complete projects
- Senior engineer leading work efforts and projects with substantial risk, business impact and complex challenges. Leads and mentors other engineers and disseminates new knowledge throughout the organization.
- Highly skilled technical expert on the Bridgestone Computerized Maintenance Management System - serves as the "go to" person to address concerns or issues involving this solution or the process disciplines of Maintenance Management
- Lead and manage the development, deployment and sustainment of the Bridgestone CMMS ensuring enterprise-wide scalability potential and maintaining database governance to documented standards. Consults across the organization advancing business goals.
- Develops training documentation for both Maintenance Management systems and solutions. Deploys and delivers training across the Bridgestone Tire Manufacturing organization.
- Manages key vendor relations
- Builds professional networks of maintenance and maintenance system experts
- Uses latest tools to perform value-added modeling and engineering analyses
- Monitors the performance of existing systems, processes, and technologies; makes recommendations for continuous improvement to enhance quality and/or efficiency
- Determines technical approach to resolve recurring problems, identifies and implements sustainable solutions
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.