Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
The Industrial Hygienist is a member of the corporate safety & IH team. This position reports to the Director of Industrial Hygiene, who reports to the Director of Safety & Industrial Hygiene. This is an entry-level position for someone who is degreed in IH/Occupational Health & Safety. This team member will focus on managing a corporate-wide industrial hygiene air and noise monitoring program that includes data entry & analysis, report writing, equipment & media management. There is significant interaction between the Industrial Hygienist and plant site Safety organization team members, as well as independent laboratory. There will ultimately be increase in responsibilities with experience, including training others in IH monitoring, site audits & technical resource in general.
Manages a corporate-wide industrial hygiene air and noise monitoring program that includes scheduling sampling needs, data entry & analysis, report writing, and equipment & media management.
• Makes recommendations to sites when needed, and follows recommendations through completion, providing technical assistance as needed through the process.
• Trains Bridgestone Safety Coordinators in industrial hygiene sampling methodologies, following NIOSH/OSHA air sampling methodologies and OSHA noise sampling protocol.
• Supports division safety team and locations with technical support as it pertains to OSHA standards and corporate procedures.
• Completes site audits to insure compliance with OSHA standards and corporate procedures.
• Supports the corporate office safety program.
• B.S. in Industrial Hygiene or Occupational Health & Safety (with IH emphasis).
• 0-5 years experience in industrial hygiene and safety (with IH emphasis).
• Experience with conducting personnel air and noise sampling in industrial setting preferred.
• Experience with ergonomics is a plus.
• Must have excellent communication skills (all forms) and be comfortable training/presenting in front of a group.
• Must have good analytical skills (e.g., data analysis & interpretation).
• Must be able to travel as needed.
• Must be able to work independently on assignments as well as working collaboratively when needed.
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.