Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
This Process Engineering position will support all Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations manufacturing plants including PSR/LTR, OR, AG, and TBR facilities. Coverage includes all North, Central, and South American facilities. This position focuses on process improvement, design, and product/technology development support and leverages project management, consulting, and communication skills. The position scope will cover one of the following areas: Mixing, Extrusion, or Curing.
· Prepares estimates for new process equipment.
· Develops and assists facilities in creating work schedules to support plant and development activity.
· Assists in the preparation of cause and effect analysis on product/process design proposals.
· Interfaces with the efforts of other managers, engineers, technicians, and disciplines from other departments.
· Assists in coordinating activities to assure proper installation of new product/processes and equipment.
· Provide technical startup assistance when new product/processes and equipment is ready for production, including sufficient technology transfer and understanding.
Consulting & Communications:
· Visits plants to study processes, consult with personnel and make recommendations - weekly follow-up on recommendations.
· Reviews available equipment with other key parties (management, ATC, CTM, OE sales) to gain an understanding of the needs and requirements in our industry for the purpose of making recommendations.
· Assists in writing project status reports, monthly tracking of actual results and completion reports.
· Transmits information to plants relating to equipment or process improvements in area of responsibility.
· Interacts with PSD, LSCM, Procurement, ATC and BSJ.
· Develops drawings, specifications, for process equipment needed for refinement, expansion and modernization.
· Does detail product/process engineering analysis of proposed systems under the direction of management/senior engineer for purposes of preparing purchase orders or making estimates and includes product/process equipment fabrication, test and start-up.
· Examines and checks submitted design proposals for necessary alterations and corrections.
· Writes specifications of performance for product/process and equipment to assure the output of such processes meets or exceeds Safety, Q.A., Production, Engineering, and Development Standards and requirements.
· Conducts process design reviews with cross-functional teams (ATC, PSD, Plants) to release new technology/processes to manufacturing.
· BS Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Material Science) or equivalent Technical Degree
· 3+ years engineering experience
· 2+ years manufacturing experience
· Progression in corporate manufacturing support and/or plant experience
· Tire and/or rubber plant experience is highly desired
· Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
· Ability to travel up to 50% depending on project scope and location
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.