Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
Responsible for managing a team and the Firestone Industrial Products Procurement process including the negotiating and allocation of raw materials considering total landed costs while ensuring uninterrupted supply. Directly responsible for managing the raw material supplier relationship including Quality, Cost, Delivery, Management, Technology & Risk (Q,C,D,M,T,R) performance of the suppliers. Manager assigned to deliver optimal value for internal business requirements and external supplier relationships and performance including establishing KPI's and scorecards.
· Owns the supplier relationship and Interacts with internal customers to identify, implement, and realize cost reduction opportunities.
· Provides purchasing support to Firestone Industrial Products to ensure Procurement representation and participation in all issues related to meeting business supply requirements.
· Develops strategies and work plans related to relevant Procurement processes and drives associated projects to successful completion.
· Identifies and resolves any issues related to quality, cost, and delivery to minimize the risk of interrupted supply.
· Manages and enhances supplier performance through standardized processes and continuous improvement efforts to obtain optimal results related to quality, cost, delivery, and service.
· Completes following activities as required: negotiate and allocate raw material requirements, data collection, market analysis, and compliance monitoring.
· Plans and establishes goals and objectives for a team, with direct impact on short and long-term financial performance.
· Responsible for making modifications in systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of the work area.
· Displays advanced leadership traits, transcending cross-functional lines resulting in alignment of vision, strategy and execution performance in addressing complex issues.
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.