Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
Based at the LaVergne, TN Manufacturing Facility, the Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for managing capital and expense projects that involve adding new equipment, modification of existing equipment, or process improvements related to the manufacturing of tire components. This responsibility involves applying the following engineering related skills: Funding requests, budgeting, safety reviews, designing, purchasing, scheduling, programming, supervising, installation, start-ups, and maintenance technical support.
1. Modification of existing equipment as requested by production, technical service, quality assurance, PSD, or maintenance departments.
2. Design, write specifications, purchase, install and start-up new equipment to meet the plant's Business Plan objectives.
3. Manages contractors and engineering technicians assigned to their department. Support area maintenance technicians and group leaders to maintain and meet department goals for downtime frequency, A-rank reduction, and nonoperational time.
4. Perform monthly safety audits in the areas of contractor work areas, lockout/tagout, and Near Miss Hidden dangers.
5. Manage and control spending of the yearly capital and expense budget targets.
6. Responsible for electrical expertise in single/multiple areas of the plant.
7. Responsible for maintaining the plant's high voltage electrical distribution.
8. Responsible for developing and implementing a yearly plan to meet the Business Plan objectives in the areas of safety, quality, production/productivity and maintenance support for their departments.
9. Assist maintenance in troubleshooting equipment and control problems to keep production equipment operational.
10. Prepare design reviews, budgets, schedules, drawings, and scopes of work for project implementation and provide the necessary information/project documentation and training for emergency maintenance and preventative maintenance crews.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and 5 years of relevant experience.
Preferred: experience in writing/developing/programming PLC's; experience with specifying, installing, start-up and operation of A/C inverter drives and D/C drives including Allen-Bradley (PLC 5, Control Logix), Siemens, and General Electric; and a working knowledge of Ethernet IP communications, power distribution equipment including sizing transformers, electrical feeders, and distribution gear for equipment loads from 120 up to 13,800 volts
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.