Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
The Senior Cost Accountant oversees and has full responsibility of the Costing function for the Plant and Month end closing activities. The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years experience working in a manufacturing/chemical industry with at least 3-5 years of product costing experience.
• Calculate and maintain standard cost for the Plant which includes Bill Of Materials, Routings, Raw Materials, Labor and Overhead for each product type and ensure the cost system is updated in a timely manner.
• Analyze manufacturing costs for inventory accountability, distribution of labor, verification of actual costs and computation and explanation of variance analysis.
• Ensure full compliance of all JSOX internal controls and facilitate internal and external audit request.
• Assist with the coordination, development and reporting of the Annual and Mid-Year Plant Budget.
• Preparation of monthly reporting and financial packages to Plant Management and Corporate HQ with detailed explanations of key drivers.
• Work with Departmental leaders to track and report expenses and maintains actionable activities which meet the annual budget for Firestone.
• Ad-hoc reporting to support key deliverables and management decisions.
• Ability and willingness to understand interdependencies of all Plant Cost at the detailed and actionable level with quantifiable recommendations to Plant Management.
• Active participant in identifying and driving key efficiencies within the existing ERP system which include project application enhancements which deliver a return on investment.
• Develop transactional level understanding of the ERP system and identify solutions as issues arise.
• Conduct and oversee physical inventories for finished goods and ensure appropriate controls are operating effectively throughout the year.
• Review accurate coding for purchase requisitions and identify standard documentation for approvals.
• BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business related field.
• 8 to 10 years accounting experience within a manufacturing/processing environment preferred.
• Previous ERP implementation experience is desired.
• High level of proficiency in Excel spreadsheets including. (Pivot Table, VLookups and Macros)
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills are necessary.
• Mindset of Safety First and fostering a positive work environment.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work independently and as part of a cross functional team to accomplish the organizational goals for Firestone.
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.