Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
This position will be responsible for working closely with LSCM leadership and our local leadership in leading our distribution center operations primarily in the areas of:
• Health & Safety: Promote and support line-driven safety (LDS) processes to help achieve safety and business objectives.
• Environmental: Broaden and promote energy conservation and pollution prevention programs.
• Quality: Promote and support business systems (quality systems) and improvements to support ISO certifications at the DC’s and LSCM Department in Nashville.
• Operating expenses: Ensure budgets are completed per corporate direction and strong ongoing processes and systems in place to ensure expenses are controlled.
• Customer service: Promote a culture that recognizes The Boss is #1 and our customers’ requirements are known and met consistently.
In this role, you will have responsibility for the above activities for our Distribution Center, while staying connected to our corporate programs and guidelines to ensure our DC’s are in compliance. In this highly visible role, you will interact with many functional groups within Bridgestone including Commercial, Finance, Health & Safety, Environmental, Quality, and Manufacturing. While you must possess the skills listed below, you must also be a highly organized, project oriented individual; with the ability to manage multiple tasks. This position will report to the General Manager of Distribution Centers.
• Lead Distribution Centers and Warehousing staff in establishing and maintaining comprehensive safety culture and activities necessary to have a safe place to work and to comply with enterprise and regulatory requirements.
• Manage performance to assure that distribution centers consistently provide service to customers consistent with business unit and enterprise expectations, having knowledge of fill rates, flow rates and other necessary measures.
• Direct the organization to practices that contribute to making the distribution centers become premiere places to work.
• Plan and budget in association with sales, inventory, and business changes so as to establish and achieve financial goals that are aligned with business unit goals and enable the distribution centers to contribute to enterprise service and financial objectives.
• Lead and manage continuous improvement activities, ensuring that we have the processes, organization and technology required to meet the LSCM strategies and objectives.
• BS degree in Business, Supply Chain, or a related field
• Minimum of 5 years managing Warehouse, Transportation Operations or related roles. Candidate must understand all aspects of supply chain and customer service, and embrace the integral link that our distribution centers play.
• Proven leader with ability to be an exemplary teammate in the areas of trust, integrity, transparency, communication, and results.
• Demonstrated success in implementing and improving safety processes, systems, and results.
• Ability to manage logistics leadership team and drive best practices, standardization, and improve results across facility.
• Solid understanding of warehouse management and yard management systems and processes.
• Ability to self-direct work with broad guidance and input from management
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with subordinates, peers, and leaders at all levels of management
• Knowledge of change management principles and execution.
• Experience in developing operational budgets and sound processes to ensure ongoing financial success.
• Familiar with quality systems, preferably in an ISO environment.
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.