Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
The General Accounting and Fixed Assets Lead will be responsible for supporting the successful planning, coordination and implementation of the project to ensure business goals and objectives are accomplished within designated time frames. They will work within a cross functional team, and liaise with and influence subject matter experts within the business with respect to the new ERP platform and the changes required to effectively implement new business processes and technology.
The role will lead a specific work stream that consist of General Accounting and Fixed Assets. The role will be responsible for designing business processes and getting the organizational structure in a state that can be maintained and integrated into the new ERP. Analysis is mainly centered General Ledger and Fixed Assets design. Typical areas of responsibility include designing target state processes for following areas: GL values definition, Month End Close, Reconciliation, Record transaction & workflows approval, Asset acquisition, retirement and maintenance. Requires extensive technical and analytical skills. Uses judgment in setting priorities to complete assignments. Reports to the Senior Finance Leader, EVEREST.
• Drive decisions & scope within sub process team
• Ensure the team is utilizing leading practice assets & practices
• Drive decisions to align processes to Global Template & Standard design
• Manage Solution Decisions (Configuration, WRICEF, Cutover etc.)
• Ensure team is delivering per quality commitments and within predefined timelines
• Integrate with Solution Architect to drive cross team integration
• Collaborate with process and work streams to drive testing, change, training, data, cutover and hyper-care activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economic, or Accounting
• Minimum of 5 years’ progressive experience in Finance and/or similar field
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with intermediate knowledge of MS Excel
• Candidate must be able to travel when needed during implementation
• Experience leading process teams within ERP programs
• Experience working on configuration, WRICEF development, Data etc.
• Ability to influence and lead within a cross functional team
• Experience collaborating and working with onshore and offshore teams
• Experience supporting the implementation of new Finance systems
• Basic knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
• Exceptional contributor with proven track record for delivering large / complex change, either in a consulting context or in operational or change roles
• Influencing, facilitating, and negotiating skills
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels
• Ability to communicate status, risks etc. with key business and project stakeholders
• Clear process improvement focus, systematic and organized
• Strong analytical skills: able to analyze problems and devise viable solutions
• Experience with large-scale ERP Implementations
• Strong business acumen and functional experience (i.e. finance, supply chain etc.)
• Ability to integrate between process and work streams to drive build, data, change, testing, cutover and hyper-care activities