Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
At Firestone Building Products, you can count on us for complete building performance solutions – from roots to rooftops. We provide focused solutions for roofing, wall, coating, and lining systems based on the specific results our customers need to achieve. Firestone’s wide array of building envelope solutions represents high quality and deep commitment to the environment. We not only deliver exceptional products, but also the outstanding services, support, warranty and expertise – all backed by a brand you can trust. Nobody covers you better.
As a subsidiary of Bridgestone Americas, we offer excellent career opportunities, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit packages. And, with locations throughout North America, we are always looking for qualified candidates.
A qualified candidate will be responsible for new product development, strategic innovation, and current product maintenance. The focus for this position will be general in nature to address all building product groups (Accessories, Asphalt, Coatings, EPDM, Insulation, Metal, PVC, TPO, Wall) as needed.
The essential functions of this position could include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Understanding of the commercial, industrial, and residential construction industries including functional knowledge (chemical and mechanical) of systems and materials.
2. An understanding of the design, manufacturing, testing, and installation of applicable products and systems.
3. An understanding of the interactions and dependencies of systems within the building envelope as well as the effect on air quality.
4. Involvement and participation with regulatory agencies and industry associations related to commercial, industrial, and residential construction.
5. Business travel up to 40%.
6. Maintenance and development of product and material specifications.
7. Design, build, and test materials and product assemblies along with quantitative and qualitative assessments.
8. Technical Support for operations, field services, quality, marketing, and sales groups.
9. Support of the overall company strategy and the tactics to deliver on the strategic goals.
10. Must be highly proficient with MS Office, MS Project, SharePoint.
11. Must be able to lead projects and work with cross functional groups to achieve project timelines and objectives.
1. Minimum BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, Construction Technology, Materials Science & Engineering, or related technical field.
2. Minimum 0-5 years related experience in the commercial, industrial, and/or residential construction industry. Desired candidate will have experience practicing product development, engineering design (materials or systems), and/or application (installation, inspection, and warranty compliance).
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.