Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
As a Bridgestone Human Resources Business Partner, you have the opportunity to work in close connection with your business and provide strategic thought leadership. The HR Business Partner (HRBP) performs human resources related duties primarily supporting field based teammates located at five facilities within your geographic area. This position will execute strategic responsibilities related to HR in some or all of the functional areas: employee relations, training, talent acquisition, compensation, affirmative action, employee engagement, and coaching and counseling. An ideal candidate would have a customer/client focus, be able to build business partnerships, have a track record of engaging with teammates at all levels of the organization and provide thought leadership their respective teams. This position is located in Ontario, CA, and will support the following facilities:
It is critical for the successful candidate to have experience with California Employment Law.
• BS degree required.
• 5+ (five) years direct Human Resources Generalist experience (experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus)
• Proficiency with MS Office applications
• Knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws—specifically in California & Oregon
• Ability to work through ambiguous and unique situations
• Collaborative HR professional with the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with a variety of intern customers
• Experience building relationships cross-functionally internally as well as with vendors
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite specifically: Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point
• 7 years CA HR experience
• PHR, SPHR or equivalent strongly desired
• California PHR, SPHR or equivalent strongly desired.
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.