Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
The SAP HANA Developer is an experienced HANA developer responsible for the development, support and maintenance of data hub technology/systems/applications that are used to collect data from multiple sources, homogenize and store data, and organize / make data available for internal or external distribution, controlled access (API’s), and sharing across the Bridgestone America’s enterprise in support of critical business applications and operational and marketing processes. The role sits within IT in the Solution Delivery function and reports to the Sr Manager of DRA Data Solutions, with technical oversight from the Data Hub Lead.
• Follows high standards set by Data Hub Lead on Bridgestone processes, methodology, and SLA’s
• Keeps skills up-to-date on new versions and technologies; Receives knowledge transfer (KT) when inheriting new solutions or technologies and when team-members depart; delivers KT when technologies move to a different team.
• Performs Developer technical activities (Follows and updates tech/functional specs, develops and/or configures, performs unit and integration testing).
• Works with Data Hub Lead and other developers to ensure support schedules and project tasks are covered during time off
• Completes project tasks and deliverables per agreed upon responsibilities as defined in the project plan, support plan, and/or RACI chart; Keeps project timesheets and tasks current.
• Gives input into level of effort estimates (hours and duration) for requested Data Hub work; Collaborates with Data Hub Lead on project plans and tasks.
• Adheres to Code and Version Control procedures and standards
• Strives to streamline and improve data processing and user satisfaction
• Maintains Data Hub systems including assisting with applying patches and upgrades to approved versions.
• Develops quality code, data structures, ingestion and API/access layers with the goal to meet performance SLA’s, business requirements, automation and simplification through supportable, reusable and scalable codebase.
• Complies with audit, CAB/change management, and other relevant IT policies
• Ensures Quality of Delivery and Support for Data Hub solutions
• Participates in code and design reviews
• Collaborates on production deployment planning and Ensures seamless execution
• Meets quality-related KPI goals
• Completes defect and Root Cause Analysis; Recommends solutions or repair
• Triages assigned tickets; identifies New Features requests, prioritizes critical and high incident responses and repair efforts to meet SLA’s, and communicates to users the timing and resolution of requests
• Documents and updates technical artifacts, such as functional/tech specs
• Coordinates with the Quality Assurance team during integration and user acceptance testing. Researches and resolves defects on a timely basis
• Contributes to SOP’s, Knowledge Articles and Best Practices documents
• Delivers projects tasks on time and on budget as per approved scope with minimal rework
• Bachelor’s (4-year) Degree from a post-secondary school in one of STEM fields (Science, Technology/Computer Science/Information Systems, Engineering, Math) is required
• A minimum of 5 years experience developing and supporting data and analytics related technologies (ie. columnar/in-memory DBs, data warehouse, data architecture & modeling, reporting & analytics, data security, master data, data quality, API’s, ETL, interfaces, systems admin)
• At least 3 years development and support experience in Data Hub technologies, preferably in either or both:
• Teradata (Optimizer, Tools and Utilities - Fastload, MultiLoad, FastExport , TPT, BTEQ, TASM Workload Management or TWIM, Viewpoint, PDCR and DBQL)
• At least 2 years experience writing complex SQL Queries and Stored Procedures
• Proficient use of Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint)
• Strong analytical thinking, root cause analysis, innovative mindset, and problem-solving skills
• Experience with metrics gathering, tracking, and reporting
• Knowledge of general systems administration, installation, and upgrades
• Ability to implement creative solutions to process inefficiencies or complex ad hoc problems
• Excellent collaborator; able to work cross-functionally with dispersed teams
• Must have source data analytical skills and understands data quality issues
• Certifications and training in related technologies/fields are a plus
• Experience with Cloud-based environments (AWS, Azure, etc.)
• Working within a SAFe Agile framework
• Has a solid working knowledge of capabilities and direction of Data Hub and related enterprise information management technologies
• Able to understand, assess business requirements and translate to development paths; balancing business needs with IT capabilities
• Capable of fully yet concisely articulating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
• Understanding of security and data protection concepts and designs
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.