Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
The primary objective of the Senior Tax Lead for Project EVEREST is to ensure that the ERP design will enable the company to meet its tax compliance and reporting obligations domestically and abroad.
The role will work with tax leaders and the Everest implementation team to ensure timely collection, consolidation, and validation of tax data in an automated and controlled fashion. This effort will significantly reduce audit risk and cost of tax, penalty and interest assessments. Additionally, a proper ERP design will bring cost savings from a more efficient transfer pricing process, and it will enhance tax leaders’ ability to bring significant value to the company through strategic tax planning initiatives.
This role will focus on all areas of tax, including the following:
• Federal, state and international income tax
• Transfer pricing
• Sales and use tax (SUT)
• Property tax
• Payroll and other withholding taxes
• Federal excise tax (FET)
• Foreign income tax
• Value added tax (VAT) and various other foreign transactional taxes
As the central point of contact for all tax types, the Tax Lead will ensure tax-critical transactional data is properly identified and captured within the ERP system. The focus of this role will be to enhance reporting capabilities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of tax compliance, analysis, planning and reporting.
• Collaborate with tax and finance leaders throughout the organization to optimize tax-critical transactional data, enhance tax reporting capabilities, and drive standardization across BSAM’s entities and regions
• Identify and communicate tax data requirements in a standard format, that the implementation team will understand, for all types of taxes
• Strengthen alignment between the ERP and tax systems to simplify and streamline data collection
• Support all tax-related workstreams as part of Everest transformation
• Develop and define enterprise-wide data policies and standards to enable operational transfer pricing - to increase operating efficiencies and reduce risk
• Promote the need for tax-critical data across the enterprise
• Establish tools and processes for validating consistent and accurate transactional tax data
• Define tax data policies, rules, and standards
• Work with outside tax consultants to ensure best practices are implemented with respect to data sensitive data
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 15 years of progressive experience in large corporate tax environment
• Significant leadership experience covering a wide range of tax matters at the US federal, state and international levels
• Knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS.
• Experience with implementing and using tax technology systems.
• In-depth knowledge of and experience with US and international transfer pricing concepts, such as OECD principles, BEPS and Country-by-Country reporting requirements.
• Understanding of Operational Transfer Pricing process.
• Proven track record of working closely with various businesses and departments across the organizational structure
• Proven experience in leading large projects.
• Ability to travel as needed
• Strong change agent; effective communicator
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels
• CPA and/or advanced degree in accounting/finance
• Clear process improvement focus, systematic and organized.
• Strong analytical skills: able to analyze problems and devise viable solutions
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.