Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
The Senior Claims Specialist facilitate and process claims submitted by various sources. This will include but not be limited to the following: assisting Bosses and field personnel; act as a liaison between multiple parties; review, evaluate, investigate and resolve situations involving the Boss and the automotive service at our company owned stores.
• Responsible for store claims
• Adhering to Service Level Agreements
Store Claims Service Levels
• Acknowledge and contact the Boss the same day the file is assigned
• Investigate file in a timely manner
• Resolve the matter in a Boss Centric fashion
Store Claims Responsibilities
• Deliver premier Boss Centric service by communicating with friendliness and confidence
• Empathize with the Boss, diffuse and navigate complex situations
• Develop and maintain professional relationship with all parties
• Communicate via telephone, email, regular mail with the Boss and various 3rd parties
• Obtain relevant facts to claim through interviews, investigations and documentation
• Review and evaluate all allegations/situations surrounding the claim
• Coordinate necessary appointments with Boss, field personnel and other 3rd parties
• Set up rentals, investigations, and repairs as needed
• Monitor all open claims and maintain a follow-up calendar system of outstanding issues
• Keep all parties apprised of status on a regular basis
• Analyze all facts, details, and information obtained for claim
• Collaborate with higher technical teammates or cross-functional teams to review more complex situations or when necessary
• Make informed decisions after analysis
• Manage and negotiate resolution
• Communicate resolution to all involved parties
• Process paperwork as needed (i.e. release, letters, etc)
• Administer requests for payments, refunds and customer satisfaction considerations
• Pays invoices associated with claims in a timely manner
Other Duties As Assigned
• Special projects/tests as assigned
• Handle specialized 3rd parties, including but not limited to B2B Bosses, Insurance Companies, BBB, AG and other various governmental agencies.
• Partner with teammates to review denied matters, to ensure outcome is deemed appropriate.
• Attend educational workshops
• This position reports to: Claims Supervisor
• Identify key themes that need to be addressed in the organization
• Address claims issues and concerns of organization
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organization skills
• Ability to navigate a matrixed environment
• Conflict management skills; ability to stay calm and composed under pressure situations
• 2 + years call center or claims handling experience
• 2+ years of experience supporting a retail organization
• 3+ years of experience in a role working cross-functionally to gain influence and develop partnerships
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
• 3rd Party Labor / Vendor Management Experience
• P&L Management Experience
• Strong Business Acumen
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Strong listening skills – active listening
• Detail oriented
• Well organized
• Proficient with keyboard and various Microsoft programs
• Solid analytical and interpretive abilities
• Strong negotiation skills
• Capable of making confident and informed decisions independently.
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.